- Category: Vegetarian , Sattvic , Rajasic , International
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 0
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- One 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Pinch of organic sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 small green chili, chopped
- Pinch of red chili powder
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the tomato, scallion, and ginger. For the Rajasic variation, also add the garlic and green chili. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the cumin, sugar, and salt. For the Rajasic variation, also add the red chili powder.
- Add the ricotta cheese, stirring until well combined, and serve.
Did You Know?
Scallion is a low calorie, low sodium, cholesterol free vegetable and is known to protect against serious illnesses.